I opted to put this at the top of the post to make sure it's seen by those that read, contacted the seller (in China) explained the faults and told them how much it would cost to fix things up, they apologised and offered a refund at the repair cost amount so well played to them no funny business or drama - not sure I could ask for or demand anymore other than it arriving perfectly working so well played seller.
It finally arrived on the 3rd of January and I took a few basic notes and here is how it all turned out.
- Packaging - it was packed quote well and secured in a soft foam holder type thing, although the device could have been held better in it's little foam tomb had a small bit of tape been put over the gap
- Headphones - It came with a pair of knockoff headphones, normal for this sort of stuff
- Charging Cable - is quite a decent one - normally I find myself getting stupidly short cables that feel and smell like factory but this one not too bad at all, no complaints
- Plug - no plug although I would have never used it anyway unless i could have verified authenticity of the plug.
- Case - it did come with a very thin but honestly ideal silicone case which was applied, it's not a good case but for shipping and early day handling perfectly fine.
- Screen Protector - This wasp reapplied and was REALLY thick .. I'm unsure if thick is good quality or not but clearly it was applied a while ago or the heat in shipping did a number on it because it lifted very easily and is no longer applied.
The device itself was not reset - I hate this but I get it, they want you to open the box and confirm receipt of the device as soon as possible - I would and do always suggest you reset the device as soon as you have tested everything functions and don't confirm receipt of delivery until the reset completes and all is still functional.
In my initial notes I noted "not a single scratch on it" this is not true, while lifting the display to check the fingerprint sensor was connected (more on that in a moment) I did notice what was probably a good drop but with a case you'll never notice it I didn't (see photos)
So fingerprint scanner, not working and not recognised by the device (not even an option, in options) now if you google 'fingerprint scanner not working on android device' you will find a ton of "tips" don't bother with those, just look into replacing the scanner - I have already priced the scanner at around $7-10.. the new scanner will be coming from China the home of Huawei so I'm somewhat hopeful it won't be a case of fault part replaced with faulty part....
I thought I was golden at that point but the following morning (today) I wanted to check things over a little more and see how bad the provided headphones were - turns out I have no idea because they didn't work, figured it was just those headphones and tried several other pairs I have and nothing.
The part for this will also be coming from China and is about $3-5 and should be a much easier fix than the fingerprint sensor. They are both modular but one is glued down so I need to account for prying that up without hopefully breaking the back panel - either way I'll try record my efforts.
I know someone is screaming the camera, what about the camera I really want to test it out properly, but yeah all seems to be fully functional with the lenses I noted no dust on them or scratches or any form of lag that would get in the way of taking a good photo but when I get some time and a certain kitten or 4 to sit still I'll take some photos and post them up.