So the first part we'll cover is that Epic Games have posted a video on their Youtube Channel thanking fans for the 20+ million players that Fortntie has attracted thus far. A huge number consideiring the game didn't exist all that long ago although a lot of that playerbase surely comes from the Battle Royale game mode which was a questionable clone of PUBG thats now starting to find it's won feet.
Aside from the 20 million mark the general changes in this release which apply to both current gamemodes are below
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several client crashes.
Now we move onto the changes for the Battle Royale mode....
Battle Royale Breakdown of Changes
The changes are extensive and if you happen to be a shotgun player something to take note of would be that in range of 7.68 meters the shotgun is deadly likewise at 18 meters it'll still do 70% damage however beyond that it starts to drop drastically to the point at 41 meters it'll do no damage at all and 30 meters only comes out at 20% damage - most of this should go without saying as shotguns are an up close and personal weapon on most games
Beyond those changes their isnt much to talk about that flirts roaming into the world of getting too technical until we get to the Bush and the Season shop, The Bush is likely going to be a Streamers wet dream if it can be pulled off perfectly. The new consumable is not without risk however and won't be something that everyone will run into - as noted on the Epic games Fortnite site this is a breakdown of what the bush is and isn't
- The Bush consumable camouflages the player as an inconspicuous bush.
- The Bush is a one-time use item that is destroyed if the player wearing it takes any damage, including damage from the storm.
- The Bush can only be found in chests and supply drops.
- Legendary rarity.
Lastly on the this game mode we have the season show which allows you to buy outfits, which are more about your player looking good as they add nothing beyong looks to your charecters
Battle Royale Full List of Changes
- Adjusted Pump Shotgun falloff damage.
- 100% damage up to 7.68 meters
- 70% damage at 18 meters
- 20% at 30 meters
- 0% at 41 meters
- Increased the time it takes to transition from hip-fire to targeting mode after unintentionally decreasing it in a previous update.
- It previously took 0.25 seconds to raise and lower weapons.
- It now takes 0.4 seconds to raise weapons and 0.45 seconds to lower weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in weapons not having ammo when picked up.
- Fixed a recoil bug which made aiming upwards faster than aiming downwards while firing.
- Added a scroll bar for the daily challenge list so that the “Collect Rewards” button is no longer pushed off screen when five or more challenges are displayed.
- The loading screen no longer displays “Solo” when entering or leaving a Squad match.
- You can now repair structures while in build mode using the “Combat Pro” configuration.
- Hold the right thumbstick down to repair.
- The Right Trigger label (“RT”) on the controller layout image is now assigned to the correct button.
- Optimized shadow rendering to improve overall performance.
- Optimized visibility calculations for objects to improve rendering performance.
- Made improvements to foliage rendering affecting CPU and GPU performance.
- Reduced in-game hitches by preloading additional assets in the matchmaking lobby instead of mid-match.
- Resolved multi-second hitching and freezing on consoles.
- Fixed a few issues that unintentionally awarded players with completed challenges.
Save The World Breakdown of Changes
The changes for Save the world don't feel quite as extensive but we still get a few for this more with the Fortnitemares getting a Play Now button added, a fix for weak points now appearing while harvesting and of course Ramirez's ponytail will vanish no more
All in all it's quite a weak change list for the save the world mode but with the hype of Battle Royale still being very real and very big it's understandable that the main game mode will take the back seat.. for now...
Battle Royale Full List of Changes
- Added a “Play Now” button to the Fortnitemares event page.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the weak point from appearing while harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue which blocked the ShadowShard evolution choice from the Gravedigger rifle.
- Fixed an issue which caused the chat window to block the “View Event” button in the menus.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ceiling Drop Trap and Ice Floor Trap to display Star level one on the schematic even when upgraded to level two or higher.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Ramirez's ponytail from showing.
- Fixed several cases of subtitles not matching the corresponding voice lines.
So thats the lot for this update aside from letting you know that on my Xbox One at least this update is nowhere near the massive 2.5GB the previous was and comes in at a nice modest 575.86MB. As always let us know what you think of this update or Fortnite in general and of course join up to the Joolo Community (it's free, no advertisng no donating begging) and join other Fortnite users in the Joolo Game group!